Friday, August 21, 2009

Arrival Day!

After a cool and rainy June and July, Summer struck Maine with a vengeance. Outside the OB's office was 93*and the inside was 65*. So when Dr. Pinnette said we can take the kiddos out at 38 weeks, my swollen feet slowed my jump onto the Dr. to give him a huge kiss on the cheek.

The C-section was scheduled for the start of 38 weeks, also known as the sacred day of Julie's Birthday, also shared by my grandmother. I was progressing naturally and if something happened on its own, great, if not we were adding another generation onto August 20th. So what is the first thing one should do when told the inevitable is nearing, I don't know about you but I went to the movies. It was opening day of "Julie & Julia", a great movie that all should see.

After a week of being very sensitive to every twinge and kick, Thursday arrived. The bag(s) and Sherpas were packed. We made the 40 minute commute to Portland, in a record 55 minutes. John wouldn't drive over 62mph and refused to take any chances. I threatened to jump from the car a walk fastener than John drove but it was 78* at 7:00am, so I decided to stay in the air conditioning.

We arrived a the hospital. I walked to Labor and Delivery, the bags were wheeled in on the wheel chair. We were assigned to the BEST nurse ever, Deb. She made up for a delayed start time due to getting bumped for an emergency c-section, and a hungry (hypoglycemic), nervous, impatient Leo on her Birthday. So our original 10:30am start, actually started at 12:45pm. We spent the time learning how to use the camera. (aka Julie listing to John all the pictures she wanted taken during delivery.)

At 1:03pm, Adeline Poppy LaRosa arrived with a full head of hair. She was now the big sister to Samuel John LaRosa at 1:05pm. We have a lot of memories of the crazy 45 minutes following all good and beyond words. But here are some highlight pictures. John did good!




So, now we are in a frenzy of latching, pumping, guests, dr.'s, pain meds, latching ect. It all happens in the order or all at the same time. Each day they change. Addie's face gets fuller or Sam regurgitates a color not seen in the crayola box. It is an adventure every minute. I will update pics throughout the stay at Spa MMC.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!! Cory and I are so thrilled! These pictures are fantastic and I LOVE the names. Congrats!! Félicitations!